Hello world!!

Welcome! Thank you for visiting and supporting OhemmaWrites.com. This is my personal page that showcases my excitement and connection with words. I love to write and be inspired! I hope this will be the first of many outlets to spread my passion with the world.

Among many inspirations of Ohemmawrites.com, a story in the Bible, titled “The Widow’s Oil” (2 Kings 4: 1-7) is what initially motivated me. I was introduced to this passage last year (summer of 2011) while attending the WEEN Academy. A professor had a lesson plan attached with a biblical message. Particularly focused on verse 2, the theme was “what do you have in your house?” That line always stuck out to me and from last year until recently, I meditated on what it really meant. As a young lady striving to be the best version of myself, I pondered, “What was in my house?” the house symbolizing what was within me. I questioned myself on what talents, gifts and blessings did I have that could benefit someone else? What did I bring to the table that could also get me to where I need to go?

About two months ago I found some old notebooks. They were filled with my creative writing from childhood. Included were tons of poetry, song lyrics from as early as 7 years old and even a short story about soul mates. (Lol, I don’t know what I was thinking!) After reading, I glanced at my bedroom dresser and noticed all my current notebooks and folders. All filled with poetry, song lyrics, magazine articles and short stories that to this day, I write. I slowly realized that what I found physically was an answer to my questions on what I had internally. I figured out what was in my house. I now choose to share it.

On Ohemmawrites.com under “Ohemma’s Words”, it will be updated frequently with my creative work, from both the past & present. “Be encouraged” will feature inspirational/knowledgeable words of others via video, links, excerpts from literary works, quotes and etc… “It Is Written” has my favorite writing pieces of others, about any and everything and lastly, the “About & Contact” pages tell who I am and how you can reach me.

Please feel free to leave feedback and comments. Most importantly, today take time out and do inventory of all that is at your disposal: your gifts, skills, past experiences and even the class that you thought was worthless. You are the 1st investor of your time, talent and treasure. What’s in your house?!

Stay you and enjoy,

~Queen

Advertisements

24 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Hia Endeshia
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:57:59

This is amazing! I look forward to seeing more!!

2. Jonnelle
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:59:54

Congrats! I look to be inspired by your creativity!

3. Tahajah Samiels
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:03:40

Looking forward to reading more, following your journey & being encouraged.

Now, I need to start thinking about: What’s in MY house?

🙂

4. Marcus
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:39:07

Happy Birthday Queen! Congrats on being courageous enough to share your gifts with the world!

5. fellson
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:53:50

lol this amazing, thanks for shearing and happy birthday

6. Liz Curtin
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:03:34

Hey Queen, Such a wonderful blog. Love your words and the layout and the colors. It’s as beautiful as you are inside and out. Happy Birthday! XO Liz Curtin

7. Shalena Smalla
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:05:11

Hey Queen I never knew you had so much talent I know tha God is about to great things in your life. It is a blessing to even know you and get to know you as we give God the praise. Please continue with your gift that God has placed inside of you the gift of writing. Be blessed and see you on Wednesday

8. MeMe
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 18:10:06

Happy Bday Queen! I’m so happy for you! I look forward to seeing more of your work! Love you! xoxo

9. Mercy
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 18:44:18

I love it queen. Didn’t know you had such talent. I Look forward to more. Love the pic.

10. Mia P. Brown
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 19:05:39

Queen you are an amazing young lady with great talents…. I’m glad god has opened up the door for you to show them keep up the great work…. I’m looking for wonderful things to come from this…….. Move out the way iyanla vanzant….. Here comes the QUEEN……

11. Andy Marino
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 20:54:26

HI Queen, HB2U!!!! Keep up the wonderful, joyful work. The world is hungry for positive messages and loving thoughts like yours.
    PAX
    AM

12. Swindle Season
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 03:58:29

Awesome Job ! Loved reading your inspiration. Congrats on your launch and I’ll be checking in for future posts!